Materials of brake pad
- Before 1880, the materials of friction were leathers and woods.
- After 1880, the main materials were asbestos, composite resin and other materials.
- The disadvantage for asbestos was no braking power during raining days and the material was caused occupational injury and environmental pollution by materials. After that, we cared about environmental; there were many countries limited to use materials with asbestos.
- After 1990, the main materials were non-asbestos which included iron fibers, ceramic fibers and copper fibers…etc and other composite resin.
- Japan banned on producing and importing material of brake pads with asbestos from October, 1, 2004.
- Now, the main materials to manufacture brake pads are semi metallic, organic compounds, ceramic compounds, copper free which are non asbestos.
- Learn more material information of ADUI brake pads, please browse product specific